If you’re thinking of trying a rustic, country wedding as your theme, we’ve got some great rustic wedding theme inspiration for you. Utilize the basic colours of Mother Nature – we chose to focus on natural greens in kale, woodland and herb tones. Our contrast colours of white and grey keep the colour palette subtle and clean.
Rustic Wedding Theme
One of your most important focal points will be your venue, so take your time finding a great location that offers plenty of outdoor opportunities for the ceremony and photos, and possibly even an indoor or covered option for the banquet.
- We love the open feeling of using old church benches or wooden folding chairs in an open meadow for your wedding ceremony. If using an indoor space, lots of greenery and wood components in your decor will help set the tone for your theme.
- With DIY and upcycling trends running rampant this year, we have seen some very clever decorative elements. Scour flea markets for old, tattered furniture that you can reclaim as a serving or guestbook table.
- An old window shutter or wood palette can be turned into signage around the venue.
- Soften the look with elegant touches, like candelabras, chandeliers and soft white linens.
- The bridal party is in elegant white lace, while keeping it casual with tea-length dresses and leather boots.
- For the men, try a casual monochromatic look with no jacket, showing off trendy suspenders. (For the real rustic enthusiasts, encourage your groomsmen to quit shaving a month before the wedding!)
This theme offers a great opportunity to be playful with your special day’s atmosphere – have fun with it!
Outdoor wedding ceremony + Rustic Wooden Wedding Sign : Andrew Mark Wedding Photography | Candelabras Wedding Decor + Stella York Wedding Dress and Bridal Boutique: Essense Of Australia | Wedding Place setting + Wedding reception : Andrew Mark Wedding Photography | Groom and groomsmen : Le Chateau